Healing Waters Lodge, Montana - Trout School
February 1, 2021
The classic Montana fly fishing lodge in the heart of the Ruby River Valley.
Healing Waters Lodge near Twin Bridges, Montana is offering their 2021 " Fish Like a Guide, but Live Like a Client" fly fishing school this April and May.
After breakfast each day, the guides will conduct a brief classroom instruction followed by guided fly fishing on local waters such as the Beaverhead, Big Hole, Jefferson, Madison, and Ruby, including some private access.
Classroom instruction includes the following:
- The elements of a good fly cast: loop control, loop shapes, grip, power application, back cast stop, fore cast stop, timing of pause, foot stance, pickup, follow through.
- Types of casts: single haul, double haul, reach, off shoulder, roll and roll pickup.
- Knots, leaders, lines, reels, rods, indicators, straight-line, swing, tying methods.
- Reading water, dry fly fishing, nymphing, streamer fishing, setting proper drag, side to side pressure, landing quickly, run, netting fish, over playing fish, retrieving to boat, working the fly from bank through productive water.
- Rod tip pressure, how to follow out of a heavy current.
- Streamer fishing: sinking line, floating line, fishing methods while wading, classic down and across, casting streamer upstream and fast retrieve, dead drift with indicator.
- A brief overview of Entomology and fly selection
- October 11 - October 15: 4 spots
$3350 per person based on single occupancy for a 6 night/5 day package
Included: Single room occupancy, all meals at the lodge, classroom sessions, 5 days of guided fishing, and use of loaner equipment.
Not Included: Airfare, transportation to/from the lodge, fishing licenses, hard alcohol, and guide gratuities
Rockies, Pacific Northwest
Let’s get you ready to fish with Fly Water Travel.
We would love to connect with you to help effectively plan your trip. Our destination manager for this location is Riley Nelson.