The Russian Federation is now open to fully-vaccinated travelers from the United States. Officially, The State Department’s travel advisory for Russia remains at Level 4, but the country is now open for travel to US passport holders and the consulate has resumed the processing of Russian visas.
Here are the new entry requirements, as of right now:
- Passengers entering the Russian Federation must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken 72 hours before departure for Russia. The test result must be in English or Russian.
- A simple online health declaration form must be completed and presented upon arrival.
- The Russian consulate is currently accepting visa applications, and any 3-year visas issued prior to March 16, 2020 within the covered visa dates are still considered valid.
- At the end of the trip, the USA requires you to get a PCR or rapid-antigen test 3 days before boarding your flight for re-entry to the United States. Our outfitter in Kamchatka is making arrangements to have rapid testing resources available before departure from Petropavlovsk. The outfitter is also looking at testing in Moscow.
- August 31 - September 7: 12 spots
- September 7 - September 14: 12 spots