- All travelers need a valid passport to enter the Bahamas.
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have passed the two week immunity period:
Accepted COVID-19 Vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, Covaxin or Sinovac.
- Negative COVID-19 rapid antigen or PCR test confirmed no more than three days before arrival.
Note: The Bahamas suspended the mandatory COVID-19 PCR test requirement for vaccinated travelers wich was expected to take effect on January 7, 2022. Rapid antigen tests will continue to be accepted for fully vaccinated travelers.
- Bahamas Travel Visa – Apply for a travel visa showing proof of vaccination and negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test results.
- Travelers who are not fully vaccinated (have only received a single vaccination) or are not pass the two week immunity period:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test confirmed no more than three days before arrival.
- Bahamas Travel Visa – Apply for a travel visa showing proof of negative COVID-19 PCR test results.
- All travelers will be required to opt-in to COVID-19 health insurance (coverage for the duration of stay in the Bahamas), which is included in the cost of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application fee.
Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing Options:
- Contact your primary care and have them order you a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test (depending on vaccination status).
Accepted COVID-19 PCR Tests: PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA, or RNA
- Contact The COVID Consultants and give them your timeline for travel and obtain a mail-in at-home test (PCR only).
U.S. Re-Entry COVID-19 Testing Options:
- All Fly Water Travel approved Bahamas destinations have made arrangements for travelers to receive an antigen test (for a fee) to meet the CDC’s requirements for re-entry to the United States prior to international departure.
- Purchase an Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag at-home test kit to carry with you and complete prior to departure.
Note: See itinerary for specific details related to your trip and re-entry testing.
- The Island of the Bahamas
- Bahamian Government Travel Visa
- CDC Requirements
- U.S. State Department, Bahamas