Atlantic Steelhead and Sea-Run Brown Trout in Argentine Patagonia
For serious spey anglers that like chasing a variety of big, challenging sea-run fish, we created a custom itinerary that seamlessly pairs two totally unique southern-mainland Argentine destinations. The first week guests will fish for large, wary sea trout on the gorgeous and essentially private Rio Gallegos. Then, anglers have the opportunity to chase Atlantic steelhead on the massive and totally unique Rio Santa Cruz. There is nowhere else on the planet where anglers can chase these two species of anadromous fish in back to back weeks on essentially adjoining systems. On this trip guests will visit the friendly, fun Las Buitreras Lodge on the pristine and gentle Rio Gallegos and then transfer three hours by vehicle to the unassuming four-person Los Plateados Lodge located on the banks of the mighty Rio Santa Cruz.
Los Plateados Lodge – Atlantic Steelhead
– 6 nights/6 days fishing and lodging on the Rio Santa Cruz.
– Fish the only true Atlantic steelhead run in the world.
– Learn from Argentina’s most experienced steelhead guides.
– Experience the surreal Daliesque desert landscape surrounding the Rio Santa Cruz.
Las Buitreras Lodge – Sea-Run Brown Trout
– 7 nights/6 days of fishing and lodging on the Rio Gallegos.
– Las Buitreras has nearly 25 miles of private fishing access on both sides of the Rio Gallegos.
– Easy walk and wade fishing access along a beautiful and lightly pressured river.
– The lodge has a relaxed, fun, European atmosphere and is located in a remote setting.
Rate: $10,980.00 per person
Included: Meals and accommodations at the lodges, transfer to/from Rio Gallegos, wine and beer, and guided fishing
Not Included: International or domestic airfare, hotels/meals/transfer in Buenos Aires and Rio Gallegos, fishing equipment, alcohol, staff and guide gratuities
Thursday: Depart home.
Friday: Arrive in Buenos Aires. Overnight in hotel.
Saturday: Take an early flight from Buenos Aires to Rio Gallegos. A lodge representative will meet you at the airport and transfer you 3 hours to the Los Plateados Lodge. Fish half day upon arrival.
Sunday-Thursday: Five full days of guided fishing on the Rio Santa Cruz.
Friday: Fish half day. Depart the lodge after lunch. Transfer to Rio Gallegos and overnight at a hotel.
Saturday: A lodge representative will meet you at your hotel and transfer you to Las Buitreras Lodge in the afternoon.
Sunday-Friday: Six full days of guided fishing on the Rio Gallegos.
Saturday: Depart the lodge. Fly to Buenos Aires and connect with your return flight.
Sunday: Arrive home.
To learn more about this destination call Kyle at 800.552.2729.