May 15th, 2020
For all of us ready to engage in the process of booking a new trip, we must first acknowledge that the playing field has changed and with those changes, new risks have emerged. Cancellations due to a complete global shut down have proven real and moving forward, traveling the globe with a pandemic at large has added an entirely new and distinct set of variables that all of us must navigate. While we like the idea of offering “risk-free” travel, the truth is that this has never been possible. However, the good news is that personally and professionally, we understand that many of us are eager to travel again and we are here to facilitate that in the most informative and transparent way possible. As always, we are deeply committed to helping our guests wade through a vast array of opportunities, assess their associated risks, and help you make the most informed decision possible.
Fly Water Travel is an independent agent that represents operations around the world. We promote destinations of our choosing, but we do not set their policies. From a fishing and lodging standpoint, each destination we work with is unique and we have always maintained that every destination we represent is perfect for someone, but not for everyone. Their unique qualities also necessitate policies and practices that reflect their circumstances. This pandemic has taught us that when it comes to cancellations beyond outfitters’ control, some have the ability to be exceedingly generous while others simply do not have that luxury. We understand this and know our role is to inform and educate traveling anglers to best help them choose a destination that is right for them. Collectively we have spent thousands of days at lodges and camps around the world solely in an effort to provide these valuable insights to our customers. It’s your trip and we are here to help you choose it wisely.
In addition to understanding booking policies, we have also developed the following tools to help you navigate booking amid the COVID-19 era:
● Trip Exchange – In the event that a trip is canceled due to COVID-19-related circumstances and the details of the roll-over are less-than-ideal, we have created a program to help called Trip Exchange. Click here to learn more.
● Travel Healthy Guidelines – We have established baseline sanitation and health processes for destinations to help ensure guests remain safe. Click here to learn more.
COVID-19 Booking Policies: Valid for new reservations made between May 15, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
Booking policies are set by individual lodges, outfitters, and guides and vary greatly. To help you understand them we have created three categories. Risk-free, Adventurer, and Explorer. In all cases, we are here to give you all the information you need to assess the risk vs reward and choose the destination that is right for you.
● Risk-Free: Reduced deposits. For all trips canceled 30 days or more before the trip start date due to a U.S. State Department Travel Advisory Level 3 or above or due to closures resulting from Coronavirus pandemic travel restrictions, the destination will offer a 100% cash refund. For all trips canceled within 30 days prior to the trip start date, the destination will offer to rebook the same length trip in a future season at no additional charge.
● Adventurer: Standard or Reduced deposits. For all trips canceled due to a U.S. State Department Travel Advisory Level 3 or above or due to closures resulting from Coronavirus pandemic travel restrictions, the destination will offer to rebook the same length trip in a future season at no additional charge.
● Explorer: Standard deposits. For all trips canceled due to a U.S. State Department Travel Advisory Level 3 or above or due to closures resulting from Coronavirus pandemic travel restrictions, the destination will offer to rebook the same length trip in a future season at an additional charge.
To start planning your trip, call us at (800) 552-2729.