- All travelers need a valid passport to enter Mexico.
- Mexico is not requiring a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) for entry.
- Travelers must complete two forms for travel to Mexico:
- Health Questionnaire Form: This can be done online or in paper form. To complete this electronically, travelers need to create an account on the Vuela Seguro Mexico website within 12 hours of their flight and keep the QR code from the online form and present it to immigration on arrival in Mexico. The paper form can be found at the international arrivals area at the airport or be printed in advance and filled out.
- Entry Immigration Form/Tourist Card: To ease the immigration entry process you can fill out this form online and print it out to carry with you. To complete this, you will need your passport, flight information, name and address of the hotel where you will be staying. This can be filled out here. Upon arrival into Mexico you will present your completed form and passport.
- Travelers visiting the Quintana Roo area, home to popular destinations like Cancún, Tulum and the Riviera Maya have introduced the VISITAX system to facilitate payment of a new tourism tax, which takes effect on April 1, 2021. The money is used to help the tourism industry in Quintana Roo.
- The new policy requires that all international visitors over the age of 15 pay a tourism fee of 224 Pesos or around $10 (depending upon the current exchange rate), payable prior to arrival, during their stay or before exiting the country. Payments for the new taxes will be able to be made online by credit card or at the airport terminals using cash. New terminals will also be set up at the airport to make it easy for visitors to make payments and airport staff will be available to help visitors with the process. If you would like to pay this tax before arriving in Mexico, you can do so here.
COVID-19 Testing for Re-Entry to the United States: All Fly Water Travel approved Mexico destinations have made arrangements for travelers to receive an antigen test (for a fee) to meet the CDC’s requirements for re-entry to the United States prior to international departure.
- CDC Requirements
- U.S. State Department, Mexico
- U.S. Embassy in Mexico
- Health Questionnaire PDF
- Vuela Seguro Mexico (Electronic Health Questionnaire)
- Mexico Tourist Card